Monday, May 3, 2010

A New month

Good morning.  Thought I would change things up a bit.  Here it is May already.  In March I was sick for 2 weeks, just a really bad cold.  I honestly do not know what happened to April.  We did get spring and I have been busy with company for our missions conference held the end of April.  We hosted a lovely young couple living in South Carolina and on deputation to serve the Lord in Uraguay.  The lady was raised on this mission field, and her husband on another mission field.  A very sweet couple.  He has a cousin that lives and works in Kohler, WI and is coming to IA to work in the Bochner chocolate factory.  I said that she could come and stay with us until she finds a place to live, and she can pay me in chocolate--even broken chocolate.  I sent my BFA some of this chocolate, the best.  We will be heading up north the end of the week for just a few days.  See the gaves, and the ones still living.  Sounds morbid, but it isn't.  May in the UP!  Bring my winter coat!  Oh, I forgot to let you know that I went ot a wonderful ladies retreat hosted by Morningside Baptist in Rockford, IL.  Ran into several ladies that I know and so that was fun.  The speakers were Elizabeth George!  Yes, she is wonderful!  And Holly Stratton, the wife of the president of Clearwater Baptist Bible College in Clearwater FL.  Total opposits!  But great lessons from each of these Godly women.  Mrs George is such a humble lady, a great speaker and a wonderful author.  Do check your local Christian book store for any of her titles.   "A Woman after God's Own Heart" for starters.  I picked up her title on being a meek and quiet sprit, something I struggle with. Being a prophet, I see things in balck and white.  I tend to be very intuitive.  If I say anything to anyone at my local church, I am met with "are you bitter?" or "you are reading into things/"  Needless to say, I am not understood, and so it is with most prophets. So I generally don't share my thoughts, but sometimes I don't listen to my instincts and let it all out!  Mistake! 
I will try to get some new pics up, but I think I will have more from our trip.
Later ladies, have a truly blessed day.  And remember: Whatsoever things are true, think on these things.
All from the bush.
ME

1 comment:

  1. Happy May!!!
    GLad to see a new post from you...and YES those chocolates were the BEST!!! I'd work for them too.
    Talk to you soon.
    love,
    deb

    ReplyDelete